Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Thanks to rain...

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 18:20:52 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

On 14/11/2019 18:15, wrote:
On Thursday, 14 November 2019 18:13:42 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I can now barely achieve 1Mbps download speed. Every three hours or so...
The rest of the time nothing.

Disconnect your telephonic equipment and apply a Megger to the line.

This will fizzle off the dampness.

Owain

Or get someone to phone your landline number. The 50V from
the exchange will do the same.

The 50V (DC) is there all the time (*especially* when the line isn't
being used when there is no load on it). I think it's more like 80V AC
that is down to the ringing current (that would appear if someone rang
the line).

Cheers, T i m