Posted to uk.d-i-y
mm0fmf[_2_] mm0fmf[_2_] is offline

Default A little light relief

On 14/11/2019 13:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 19:15:21 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
Although not sure where they get the
stuff from
Don't you ever visit supermarkets?

There are always teams of pickers roaming my local supermarket with
hand-held terminals and a trolley with 6-8 baskets on it. Lots of
consult hand-held (tells them row, shelf, item), scan it, scan barcode
on basket on trolley, place it in basket. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Not at my local one.

I've never seen them in any of the supermarkets I go to.
It would be rather inefficient for them to do it like that on any real scale.

I'll take some photos next time I'm in there.