Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default A little light relief

In article , Brian Reay wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 22:58:22 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Andrew wrote:
On 13/11/2019 11:28, Bob Eager wrote:
I travel light anyway (I wear mostly Rohan gear), and there were
things I didn't need to duplicate in my own luggage. So my suitcase
was about 10kg. Arrived at Heathrow, and it was immediately diverted
for a security scan. I got a detailed one too.

You need deep pockets to buy Rohan clothing these days :-(

22 types of mens trousers, now including 'jeans' (*) but no more
Uplanders for some reason. My 25-YO pair are getting tired.

(*) The very thing that the original Rohan founders despised and the
reason why the developed their own easy-dry fabrics.

Not only do Rohan last, if there is a problem, their after sales
service is excellent. I had a zip fail on a pair of trousers after
several years. We were traveling at the time (in the UK) but took them
into a Rohan shop. They found me on their computer, told me to pick
another pair of trousers, and that was it.

They dry quickly etc, are very comfortable.

And (Bags at least) they have deep pockets! I wore Bags at work from
1984 until I retired in 2015. Still do (but not the same pair!)

Im always intrigued by the obsession Rohan have with secret pockets,
especially in shirts.

A good place to put one's London TravelCard.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England