Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why do LEDs generate heat?

On Thursday, 14 November 2019 02:02:07 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:03:11 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 20:53:12 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:07:14 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 21 October 2019 23:12:36 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:39:18 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 14 October 2019 19:58:12 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 16:54:28 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 14:59:22 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

So what do washing machines use, AC or DC?

Water and some sort of cleaning chemicals dependent on personal choice.

Did you not understand the question?

Yes and my answer made as much sense as the question.

The question only had four possible answers - "AC", "DC", "both", or "neither".

I don't know of any washing machine that plugs into a DC supply.

The motor silly.

Every washing machine that I have seen that plugs in has a 3 pin plug on it designed to work from AC.

The motor usually does not have a plug on it.

How do you know, I'd assume most are conencted to a mother board or PCB of some sort using a connector that could be described as a plug that fits into a socket.

They may exist I don;t know and care about as much.
Older washing machines were usually run by women turning handles and rubbing clothes on rocks or wash boards.

Were they naked?

No.

No point in having two sets of clothes, just take them off, wash them, then put them back on to dry. Bloody prudes.

Is that what you were doing waiting in the cold stream for your clothes to dry ?
Do you only have one set of clothes too.

Is that one of your fantasies... AC/DC ?

TENS machines are AC.

https://tensmachineuk.com/tens-vagin... aAhDNEALw_wcB

Well good luck with it hope you enjoy it.

I know all about current flow, holes in semiconductors etc. But that's irrelevant. I asked if the flow was one way or both.

It's both in AC, it's not in DC

And which is it in the motor?

That would depend on the type of motor.