Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default A little light relief

On 13/11/2019 12:05, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 20:02:35 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 12/11/2019 15:41, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 14:34:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Seeking out the freshest goods and paying the asking price is common
sense.

True. Perhaps those who don't want this just have it delivered?

True, but I also look for BOGOF and similar deals rather than just
assuming the asking price is the right price or the cheapest.
Plus I get those annoying vouchers through the post that are sometimes worth looking at, which give you a discount or added reward points.

Be aware that BOGOF deals are usually paid for by the supplier,

Often BOGOF deals are no cheaper than other retails selling the same or
similar at single item prices. Sainsbury seem very keen at selling short
lived perishable fruit on a BOGOF basis, or at a very inflated price if
you just want the one off.

Its much the same as many deals in the large supermarkets. Tescos new
Club card plus costing the best part of £100 per year just goes to show
how much they don't value their customers who don't make a £200 shop
twice a month.