Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are extension cords hard to use?

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 10:51:33 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 1:29:14 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 13 Nov 2019 06:51:22 -0500, "Jeff B. Ezos"
wrote:

On 11/12/19 10:31 PM, micky wrote:
It's also hard to get medium weight, 14 gauge, extension cords more than
12 feet long. More than 16' impossible. Have to buy heavy duty. Why?

Ever hear of Amazon, Lefty?

Please, if yo're going to be sarcastic, you should read my posts better.
Your second choice is heavy duty and I said I want medium weight.

And your first choice is 3 wire, round cable. Still heavy weight in my
opinion. I want medium weight. Lamp cord or even lamp cord with
slightly thicker insulation which is what the last 16' foot extension
cord I got had. And that I got on Amazon.

16 gauge 100'

https://smile.amazon.com/50-Black-Ex.../dp/B06ZZ4JHS9

14 gauge 100'

https://smile.amazon.com/Otimo-Outdo.../dp/B06XCV434H

But thank you anyhow for the suggestions.

16 gauge, 100 ft? WTF I guess it's OK for some Xmas lights, but the
typical Democrat would try to run an air compressor on it. And I sure
wouldn't call that medium weight.

Those 16 gauge work OK for lawn equipment with "universal" (brush)
motors in them. It just runs a little slower but it won't burn up like
an induction motor running on low voltage. I have a few around here
but any cord I am serious about is at least 14 ga, I have some 12ga
and one that is real long is 10ga. I don't screw with it unless I am
trying to run a lot of big stuff at 150'.