Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ibought a wall elec fireplace.

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:47:59 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

Need a way to conceal cord. The cord is 72 inches. I can conceal with basic conealers but have a 2 foot section that cannot. Do I cut the cord to fit? 12 amp 1500 watt.

That probably should be on a dedicated circuit and if you are doing
that you could put the receptacle behind the fireplace as long as it
can be removed for service.
Other than that I think we need more information. If you cut the cord
and put a plug on it, you have voided the listing (technically) but
the U/L police are not going to batter ram your door at 5 AM over it.