Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ibought a wall elec fireplace.

Need a way to conceal cord. The cord is 72 inches. I can conceal with basic conealers but have a 2 foot section that cannot. Do I cut the cord to fit? 12 amp 1500 watt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:47:59 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

Need a way to conceal cord. The cord is 72 inches. I can conceal with basic conealers but have a 2 foot section that cannot. Do I cut the cord to fit? 12 amp 1500 watt.

That probably should be on a dedicated circuit and if you are doing
that you could put the receptacle behind the fireplace as long as it
can be removed for service.
Other than that I think we need more information. If you cut the cord
and put a plug on it, you have voided the listing (technically) but
the U/L police are not going to batter ram your door at 5 AM over it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:47:59 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

Need a way to conceal cord. The cord is 72 inches. I can conceal with basic conealers but have a 2 foot section that cannot. Do I cut the cord to fit? 12 amp 1500 watt.

Maybe you can cut off the plug, drill a hole in the floor and plug it in
in the basement.

Just today by coincidence, I finally got visual cable?? whatever it's
called, and the second floor has an overhang, so I drilled a hole into
the 2nd floor floor where the overhang meets the first floor outside
wall. It went up into the spare bedroom and came out under the bed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Should have mentioned it is wall mounted, about 6 feet up on center.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 11:52:20 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

Should have mentioned it is wall mounted, about 6 feet up on center.

What is behind it? I know my Dimco is about 12" deep. Can you get to
power from the other side?