Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rifling machine plans

"Jim Wilkins" on Fri, 25 Oct 2019 12:54:34

Similarly in England at the Portmouth blocks mills
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Block_Mills .

The ideas underlying the Industrial Revolution were originally French,
but England and then America provided more productive environments for
their development. AFAICT automation was suppressed elsewhere to
protect traditional jobs but that may not be the whole answer.

An engineer from India who resented the USA and Europe's domination of
the modern world asked me why Europe had suddenly surged ahead of
everyone else, particularly India and China, and I couldn't fully
answer him.

There are many reasons, some specious, some plausible.
--
pyotr filipivich