Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default bats in the belfry?

Tunnelling birds? Was it related to a Puffin?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:

jkn wrote:

we have a strange noise coming from a corner of the loft; Theories
welcome...

Every time I've thought it might be rodents, it's turned out to be birds.

And true again today ... first thing this morning scratchy feet type noises
from the loft on the bedroom ceiling, then nothing. Later I though the
postman had pushed something big through the letterbox which was inexorably
slipping to the floor as often happens, then a starling suddenly appears in
the bedroom and perches on the curtain pole! It had been slowly pushing its
way through insulation in the corner of the bathroom where I've
moved/replaced a 110mm vent pipe with an 83mm one.