Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unusual RCD tripping by tumble drier - update

On 11/11/19 11:47, Peter Parry wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 11:27:11 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

Similar results at Partmaster (and other identical sites - do they all
get them from Beko anyway?!), and others don't list it at all. It is
available on eBay as a "genuine Beko part", but why there and not at
other sites? I'll do a bit more checking on alternative interference
filters, even if a small modification is required, as I'm not happy
using an identical part which might be dodgy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beko-Washin.../dp/B00GV7RQYY

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/d5283...ference-filter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beko-Washin.../dp/B00KG802L8

Thanks for the suggestions, but I really need one with 6 terminals for
connection. I'll probably go with the one Andy suggested. I'd seen it
while going through the options on the Beko site, but at that time was
still looking for an original to replace that already fitted.

These are not really type or manufacturer specific except for how some
make the earth connect to the machine. Some do it via a flying lead
and Lucar connector, others do it by a bolt through a small mounting
plate. They are not an item which fails frequently.

Maybe not, but evidently they can go with a bang according to some
reviews I have seen!

--

Jeff