Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.tools.repair+advice
Fletcher Fletcher is offline

Default Nylon gear adhesive

Sometime around Sun, 10 Nov 2019 22:42:59 -0500, Fred McKenzie
wrote.....

In article ,
Fletcher wrote:

Thanks to all for the advice for fixing broken plastic gears.
Broke with cyanacrylate & decided to give up on the epoxy.

Do you know what model your Boston sharpener is? You might try E-Bay.
I see various replacement gear prices ranging from $7 to $21.

I also see someone selling a "parts only" model 17 that needs a new gear!

Fred

It's a Boston Model 18 Electric Pencil Sharpener 296A/
I've never bought nor sold anything on Ebay.
I generally disassemble broken devices & keep what's re-usable.
Nothing much seems re-usable except the power cord though
(and I have a box full of those already).