Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Gas boiler servicing is not diy

On 10/11/2019 22:42, Steve Walker wrote:
On 10/11/2019 18:43, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

Willy die wrote on 10/11/2019 :
Working on gas boilers and gas appliances is not DIY... Taking off
the case
an appliance means you have to undertake statutory checks to ensure the
appliance works correctly and safely.

What like the British Gas engineer who installed a water heater for my
parents, where he left the supply pipe spewing out gas into there home
due to his total incompetence?

When my daughter moved into her new flat and had the gas
inspection she was told that the hob had a flexible connection
whiich is a fail.

That assumes that the the manufacturer has not stated that a flexible
hose is suitable - in which case it *IS* acceptable.

Its actually the other way round... flexible hose connection are
permitted *unless* prohibited by the manufacturers documentation.

This seems to be a semi FAQ, so I have put the relevant reference data
in a wiki page now:

http://intranet.balgoresproperty.com..._connection s

--
Cheers,