Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline is back!

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 16:05:16 -0300, Shadow wrote:

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 13:21:41 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 09:35:47 -0300, Shadow wrote:

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:07:25 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

" Pure" gas goes bad over a year or more - Ethanol fuel in months

Ethanol NEVER goes bad. Think whiskey. There nothing for it to
turn into... unless you dilute it to the point bacteria can transform
it into vinegar.
Gasoline OTOH is unstable and degenerates rapidly.
[]'s

Ethanol absorbs water and comes out of solution from the gasoline
(phase separation).

Duh. Pure (almost) alcohol in Brazil. Much cheaper than
gasoline.
Sugar cane. Making it from grains is a waste.
[]'s

It still absorbs water and without the boost of energy pure ethanol is
not going to give you a lot of performance. I had a rented Suburban in
the Dakotas and just as a hoot, I filled it up with E-85 (15%
gasoline). This thing had a continuous MPG read out on the dash and
when that E-85 hit the engine, there was an immediate drop in economy.
That wasn't even real E-85 because I had about a quarter tank of E-10
in there when I filled up.

I also question the environmental impact of draining wetlands and
burning the rain forest to grow sugar cane for your car.