Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline is back!

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 07:26:18 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 7:28:56 AM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 03:47:05 -0800, T wrote:

On 11/9/19 3:31 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* We've had both in my little world in Nebraska.Â* The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon.Â* I haven't done the math though to figureÂ* miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of mainenance

Yes. Alcohol burns and produces ONLY water and CO2. No oily
residue to clog anything up. Cars that run on alcohol need LESS
maintenance.
I change my spark plugs every 30.000 Km. And they (and the
cylinders) are absolutely clean when I do. The only damage is from the
electrical arc.

The rest of us driving cars that run mostly on gasoline also change
spark plugs at long intervals today. That was already happening
before ethanol was introduced here. It's a function of much better
engine designs AFAIK, not the fuel. There should not be any oily
residue in modern cars. And oil is introduced into the combustion
chamber from the cylinder walls regardless of the fuel.

Mostly getting rid of the lead and high energy ignition systems that
can live with wider spark gaps.