Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default could this simple solution work for solder smoke device?

In article , says...

Sounds like someone does surface mount soldering. I attempted it once
and the result was disaster and haven't done so since.

Smd for the most part is very easy, However you have to have the proper
equipment to do it.

I bet that Mantis is nice, but as a hobbiest I can not afford to put $
1500 to much more than that in it. I did buy an Amscore scope 10x for
about $ 200 that works well . A hot air wand and very small soldering
pencil is needed. The one for around $ 75 is good enough for very
casual work.
Just don't drink coffee for about a week before trying it.. I don't
drink coffee anyway.