Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Utility shed situation

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 11:36:43 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 05:01:42 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 7:42:11 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 12:15:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Typical answer from someone who has never owned a business. If you
touch it you own it. If that tech screws with your screen and breaks
it, you are buying the customer a new screen. On some window systems
that might be the whole profit you expected to make on the call. It is
called "risk" and successful companies avoid risk.
For that matter, plenty of guys wouldn't trust their wife or kids to
take out the screen. Are you coming home from work to do it?
If you think it is a stupid idea, the ROP for the 2023 is open right
now. Write a proposal.

If a guy can't trust his wife to remove a window screen, he married
the wrong woman. Every time we clean the windows I have to remind
my husband that it's a big fricking deal to remove the screens. Stupid
1980s windows. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Still, the inconvenience
is minor and the cost to replace them is high.

It's a different story, of course, if it's due to age and/or infirmity.

Cindy Hamilton

You can't make Fretwell happy. He claims it's too difficult to run an
extension out a window. So, you say that it would be a good idea that
instead of the code focusing only on AC units, it should
require outdoor receptacles spaced so a 25 ft ext could
cover the perimeter, and then he doesn't like that and says you just
want to argue.

I am just talking about what CMP 2 decided. If you think they are full
of ****, write a proposal but they are going to say running cords out
of windows from a circuit that may not be GFCI is not acceptable.

Again, how do you get that I think anyone involved in NEC is full of ****?
And again, I was the first one here to bring up the issue of cords out
windows potentially not being GFCI, so IDK why you keep harping about that.
And again, what I actually said was that if the code folks are concerned
about the rare times an HVAC guy will show up and need power to run a pump
outside, then they should change the code to cover the very common outdoor
needs that occur at most homes very frequently, not just an AC pump
need, maybe once every ten or twenty years. Things like electric leaf
blowers, power washers, mowers, chain saws, trimmers,
paint sprayers, Xmas lights. Why just the AC? To address the general
problem the code should require outdoor receptacles that are accessible
within 25 ft of any point on the perimeter. I wouldn't think that would
be controversial, but here we are.