Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default No timer on HW/CH system?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:05:20 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

snip

Might be worth a look I guess.

I assume you can also 'view' the current settings remotely, in case
someone else was home when they might not normally be (in case you
thought you had left the heating on)?

Yes.

Ok.

So, two occupants with smartphones, would it know when each was in and
(say) turn the heating off (down) when neither was present?

You can set it up so it goes off when both (or more ) leave. When one
approaches (I can’t recall how close, I think 1/4 mile) the system turns
on.

And I'm guessing you can still have a reasonable 'frost' setting for
when the dog is left there (or give the dog a smartphone). ;-)

I could turn the heating down (or off) if I was out but Senior Management
was home but she wouldn’t be impressed. ;-)

Quite.

Him. "Get yer coat on."
Her. "Oooh, are we going out?"
Him. "No, I'm going up the pub and turning the heating off ... "

You can also see a ‘history’ of your room temp by day, week etc which is
quite interesting and useful to set up your timing cycle. I was surprised
how long the house stayed warm (ie at the set temp) after I set the heating
to off in the evening.

Yeah, the flat in question seems to warm up quickly and stay warm
reasonably well as well. It must help being a flat and could gain from
the warmth from below and the insulation from above?

You can have several timing periods per day - not
sure what the limit is.

I guess that wouldn't be such an issue if you hard the option of
remote control in advance (assuming you remember etc).

I’m sure other systems offer similar functionality, I just happen to have
settled on Hive. I suspect they are similar to install etc.

I think Hive was one of the first wasn't it?

Cheers, T i m