Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer exhaust filtering

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 8:52:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 10:56:34 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 12:40:58 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 08 Nov 2019 18:56:07 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 15:10:58 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 4:10:46 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 11/8/2019 2:48 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 13:45:18 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â*Out here in the woods we heat with ... wait for it ... wood . It's a
dry heat ... and while we don't often use the electric dryer , when we
do I'd kinda like to keep that heat and moisture in the house . So I'm
looking for a way to filter the minor amounts of lint that get past the
in-dryer filter screen . I've used old pantyhose legs in the past with
limited success but I think there must be a better way . Anybody done
this and have a suggestion ?

A cyclone - like a workshop dust collector? or even a "drop box" with
baffles? then run the exhaust through a furnace filter to catch the
rest.
Â*Hmm , great minds and all that ... I was thinking of a box with a
furnace filter mounted up on the wall behind the dryer . A cyclone
probably wouldn't do much , dryer lint has so little mass that it might
not separate . We have a big enough problem with dust and dog hair (he's
worth the bother) , I don't want to add dryer lint to it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Have you tried this to make sure that other than filtering, it works OK.
You're going to be dumping a lot of moisture in one area and I would
expect you could have condensation on windows, any cold walls, etc.

In the dead of winter when it is dry as a March Fart that moisture
disappears pretty quickly in the house. I did have the dryer near an
intake for the forced air ducts but we never noticed a problem.

Yes. Never caused a problem for me either. In the winter in most of
the US, houses need extra humidity to keep the wood furniture from
drying out, espeically the piano.

What piano? That's got to be the rarest piece of furniture in U.S.
houses in the second decade of the 21st Century.

Cindy Hamilton

My ex has two

As of 2015, 1 in 3,788 families own a piano.

Cindy Hamilton