Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default No timer on HW/CH system?

T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:50:58 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

snip

I’d seriously consider a Hive (or similar) system.

I'm not sure that would tick the VFM box Brian, especially for a
rented flat. ;-)

Easy enough to take with you.

The system is in three bits. The bit which connects to the internet is
intended to be taken to your next house as I understand the system as it is
linked to YOU. When middle daughter bought a house with Hive, they had to
buy the Internet link box as the previous owner had taken it.

The other two bits are the room stat and the boiler interface. All three
link wirelessly.

I think the full system was about £150 ( unfitted) for a version compatible
with a fully pumped CH and hot water system. The interface just clips to
the standard controller backplate in most cases, sometimes you need to
change one wire. Then it is just a few buttons to press and setting up a
free account with Hive for remote access.