Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default No timer on HW/CH system?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:50:58 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

snip

I’d seriously consider a Hive (or similar) system.

I'm not sure that would tick the VFM box Brian, especially for a
rented flat. ;-)

You can then set things
to a profile which matches your needs and, best of all, turn it on/off
remotely via your phone etc.

If, for example, we go out for the day we can turn off the heating and turn
it on remotely when we are heading back. When we are returning from trips (
holidays) I turn on the hot water ( and heating if needed) so we can have a
shower etc.

You can set it up for anti-frost etc. , to automatically detect when
everyone has left the house ( using their phones), when someone is
returning, .....

You can add individual radiator valves to control each room - electronic
thermostatic valves with a remote override.

It sounds 'clever' that's for sure, just overkill for this scenario.
The purpose was to try to offset the cost of running the CH when the
flat was unoccupied (by not or running it at a lower temperature
(automatically, if they forget to turn the stat down) to have it
warmer when they are there.

Even, should you like gadgets, control the temperature via Alexa etc with
your voice.

Oh, I love gadgets and have a couple of Google Home / Mini here, one
unplugged and one still in it's box (a gift).

Gotta go, my 3D printing design should be finished. ;-)

Cheers, T i m