Ohaya

Default Opinions on Maytag and Whirlpool dishwashers?

Hi,

We're looking for a replacement for our dishwasher, and in particular are
looking at Maytag and Whirlpool models at our local Lowes. The space where
the old dishwasher was has a depth of almost exactly 24" from the back wall
to the front face of the cabinet, and we have granite countertops.

The Maytag we were considering was the Model #MDBTT59AWB, and the Whirlpool
was the Model #DU943PWKB.

Both say "Depth 24 inches".

Prices are about the same on both, but they have a deal through Saturday
where installation of the Whirlpool is $59 (vs. their normal $160), so the
Maytag looks like it's about $100 more (including installation).

Warranty on the Maytag is 1 yr labor/2 yr parts vs. 1 yr labor/1 yr parts
for the Whirlpool.

Any comments on these particular models, or on Maytag vs. Whirlpool, would
be appreciated. We'd like to try to make a decision this week, if we go
with the Whirlpool, that installation deal ends this Saturday.

Thanks in advance,
Jim