Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does steering lock up with faulty pump?

On 11/9/2019 2:47 PM, micky wrote:
Another PIpple's Court question:

Plaintiff says when he drove, the steering would lock up. One time he
used the word froze. Turned out he needed a pump. He didnt' say what
car he drove, but are there... what are some cars whose steering locks
up when the pump is broken?

I had a 1995 Chrysler Lebaron that I drove for about 2 years with no
power steering fluid and except at speeds under 5 or 10, it steered
fine. Maybe a little harder to turn but nothing approaching freezing.
Do others lock up?

Some take more effort but I don't know that any would lock up. Maybe
for the wimpy.