Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default A little light relief

wrote in message
On Saturday, 9 November 2019 17:30:39 UTC, Graeme wrote:
You *buy* Christmas cakes? Shame on you - made ours earlier this week,
and yes, it is divine with cheese :-)

We gave up making christmas cakes as a family when there were so many
power cuts, and it's an expensive waste losing a christmas cake half
cooked in the oven. Also the shop ones have got better quality and value
for money since then.

Ours got noticeably worse. I used to buy these, but dont anymore.
https://lionsclubs.org.au/activities/products/cakes/

I used to make my own but havent done for about a decade now.

Might knock out a batch of mince pies though.

Those have changed for the better here. They used to go inedible
quite quickly but dont anymore with some of the branks.

I currently prefer the Aldi ones.

I still have half a doz jars of mincemeat to use
up (20p each I think, from about March).