Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default A little light relief

On 09/11/2019 09:57, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 09/11/2019 09:36, nightjar wrote:
On 08/11/2019 20:32, Tim Lamb wrote:
Why is it the packs of Tucs cheese biscuits invariably arrive broken
or weakened such that they snap as the cheese is applied?

My guess is that shelf stackers play pass the parcel with them on the
journey from warehouse to shelf.

Do you do as I do and only take biscuit packs from the back of the
shelf, which is the least likely place for a shopper to replace a pack
they have just dropped?

I take EVERYTHING from the back of the shelf, all the freshest stuff is
there.

That is assuming that the shelf stackers are doing their job properly.
However, for fresh stuff, I often find that turnover is high enough that
everything on the shelf is the same date. For other stuff, like tinned
goods, it probably doesn't make a lot of difference. Tins may well end
up well past their best before date just sitting in my cupboard.

--
Colin Bignell