Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
John Doe[_4_] John Doe[_4_] is offline

Default stun gun acquisition and testing

I agree, stun guns are silly.
You may as well carry a 9 V battery and ask them to stick out their
tongue.

Besides a real gun, I carry a Mace Pepper Gun. They say people who are
of a certain mental state can handle pepper spray. That may be true, but
most people cannot fight unless they can breath. Pepper spray is NASTY
stuff.

TheExperimenter wrote:

I don't know what all the fuss was about. It's clear that these
are being falsely marketed from the start and giving people a
false sense of security. I'd be more concerned over this then my
irrelevant request for substitute parts. Now, that being said,
keep in mind that I am 6' 1" tall and 215 lbs and healthy. You
still wouldn't want to use this on the elderly or anyone with
heart issues or a pacemaker, nor is everyone else going to respond
to the shocks the way I did. However, after the apparent rukus I
made with my prior post, I felt it was time to see just how much
relevancy there was behind it. Now it should be clear. Bye.