Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Dryer exhaust filtering

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 15:00:53 -0500, wrote:

On 11/8/19 2:45 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

*Out here in the woods we heat with ... wait for it ... wood . It's a
dry heat ... and while we don't often use the electric dryer , when we
do I'd kinda like to keep that heat and moisture in the house . So I'm
looking for a way to filter the minor amounts of lint that get past the
in-dryer filter screen . I've used old pantyhose legs in the past with
limited success but I think there must be a better way . Anybody done
this and have a suggestion ?

Take a look at this $10 device

https://www.mccombssupply.com/chk100... BEgIqA_D_BwE

or https://tinyurl.com/yylrgaph

That piece of crap doesn't filter ANYTHING - you end up with fine
lint all over everything.

Jafine's indoor drier vent filter isn't much better - about the
equivalent to 2 layers of nylon stocking or one old sports sock.
The unit from "bettervent" looks like it is significantly better for
about $60.00 - You can get it from Amazon.It has a filter monitor that
tells you when the filter needs cleaning

Deflecto makes a decent looking one as well as well as "indoor lint
trap" --https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/383861568236342092/
which has a crank to peel the lint off the filter and deposit it in a
catch box.

All of the above are listed on Amazon.ca