Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alex Borroughs Alex Borroughs is offline

Default could this simple solution work for solder smoke device?

On 11/8/19 12:58 PM, wrote:
That would certainly clear the smoke out of a room, but I think it misses the point of a smaller device that could be directed to a specific location. A fan of that size takes up considerable real-estate, makes a good deal of noise, and cannot be easily directed.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Quite right. I liked the smaller unit posted here recently, but he's
using watered down filters. I had hoped to avoid that mess, plus he
says they take a long time to dry. If dry layers could have been used
instead, that would have been a winner for me, but I don't know enough
about it.

I liked the box fan-filter idea because it was so simple. True, it will
take up a lot more space then the other device, but I can have it ready
in a pinch and not worrying about drying out afterwards.