Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Heat pump SEER rating

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0awg32pfwdg98l@glass...
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 01:44:58 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.z923rjgzwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 01:51:55 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.z91bl0zuwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 00:46:29 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.z9096aqdwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 00:02:23 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Robert" wrote in message
On 21/10/2019 20:54, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating? The USA
has
law
stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the UK, I looked at Panasonic
and
they're all 7 to 11!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season...ficiency_ratio

Which suggests that the seasonal weighting parameters used in the
US
,
Europe and possibly UK are all different which will give very
different
figures.

Yeah, that's why I included that link. Managed to forget to
point that out and then forgot to do it again when he asked
why I had included that. Worst ****up for quite a while now.

Must be your age.

Nope, time of day. That was the middle of the night for me.

Your sleep patterns are as bad as mine.

Worse actually, much more variable. But in my case its because
I don't even lie in bed trying to sleep, I get up, do what I usually
do and then go back to bed later and go to sleep immediately.

Bit tricky for the people I know tho, very hard to predict
when I will be up.

I'm worse. I can be too sleepy to continue what I'm doing, but when I
go
to bed I lie there for up to 2 hours before I can sleep.

I never get that, go to sleep very quickly
indeed, in minute or two, quite literally.

So you can sleep immediately if you're tired,

Not just when I am tired, also quite a bit of the time
if I know that I wont be able to sleep at the normal time
too, say because I plan to leave home at midnight so
that I will arrive at the destination when I need to do that.

I have in fact done that when I helped to kids I taught to
drive to move to the state capital. We were planning to
have them drive on that first long distance drive for them
with me being in their car so I would drive if they decided
that they had had enough. Its an 8 hour drive. But since
those buggers change their minds at the last minute, they
decided that they were going that night at about 5pm
the evening before. So I went to bed then so that I would
get enough sleep. We needed to arrive at the state capital
at 7am to catch the only train back that day,. I would normally
fly but since they were paying, chose to use the train for the
much cheaper train fare.

He's a very poor sleeper, like you, and hadn't slept much
at all the night before or that day, so wasn't keen on
driving at all with the sort of driving he had never
done before, so I did in fact drive the whole way.

And then we arrived very late, just before the
train was due to leave, I pulled up at the traffic
lights outside the station, told them that I was
off, jumped out of the car quite literally stopped
in traffic at the lights, with them never having
ever driven in the capital city traffic at all.

He was a bit stunned but managed fine,
That part of sydney cbd is a real traffic
nightmare and they had to go over the
bridge to get to where they were going to.

He managed fine and drove back into the
city that evening after I had missed the train
and had to wait for the next train next morning.

but that time may not be a convenient time of day if you were a 9 to 5
worker?

I hardly ever was. Normally I could work any hours I liked.

What about having to be at the boot sales at a certain time?

I'm always up by then.

Or ending up sleeping during most of the daylight hours?

I can do that too. The only thing I can't do is sleep a lot more
hours than I need to sleep,