Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Kitchen cupboard carcasses - where to buy?

On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 12:06:34 +0000, nothanks wrote:

The next in a long-running series of questions ... where to buy kitchen
cupboard carcasses?
My list so far has Howdens, B&Q (not impressed), Wickes and Screwfix -
has anyone here got any recommendations (or the opposite)?

Benchmarx.

Near us they are next door to Howdens, but deal with retail, which Howdens
are sometimes a bit fussy about.

They have the good points of Howdens - the carcases come ready assembled
and are held in stock.
So you can have your units the next day, usually, and if there is a
problem they can swap a unit out and have the replacement with you
immediately.

A long time since I looked at B&Q but at one time you waited for 6 weeks
for the delivery, and another 6 weeks to replace anything missing or
damaged.

To date, pleased with both them and Howdens.

They also refund if you over order or have to change stuff.
We just took back the drawer handles (too big) and bought some from
Howdens next door. We expect to return a couple of decor panels for a
refund as well.

Cheers

Dave R