Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rifling machine plans

"whit3rd" wrote in message
On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 12:52:31 PM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:

An engineer from India who resented the USA and Europe's domination
of
the modern world asked me why Europe had suddenly surged ahead of
everyone else, particularly India and China, and I couldn't fully
answer him.

One theory: the black death resulted in younger property owners, who
could
foresee a long life ahead, and weren't inclined to be staid and
conservative.
So, they innovated.

https://dailyhistory.org/How_did_Pet...Renaissance%3F
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerolamo_Cardano

However, great minds in Persia, India and China did not spark similar
advances.
https://www.britannica.com/biography/al-Khwarizmi

I wonder if the difference was cultural attitudes to change.