Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flat Wrenches

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 07:00:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 6:23:39 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
I'm sure most production flat wrenches are punched out of a piece of
sheet, and deburred.

I need to make a couple flat wrenches for some collet chuck tool
holders, but I neither have such a huge press, a desire to make a punch
and die for one of each tool, nor stock on hand of suitable thickness.
What I have handy is 1" thick flat bar. I was thinking I might cut my
wrenches into the top surface of the flat bar, slice them off with the
bandsaw, and then grind them roughly flat with a bench top belt sander.

I always check places like the Habitat for Humanity store before making wrenches.

Dan

Hear Hear!!

Even Harbor Freight wrenches can be ground thin on a surface grinder
after being hawged thinner with a belt sander.

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.