Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laundry platform

On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 20:43:50 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 19:07:30 -0700 (PDT), "(;harles"
wrote:

On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 9:42:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:

"If I had a good way to compress the joint after running the bead"

You run the bead ^ along the intersection of the floor joist and the sub-flooring:

==============
______________
^| |^
| |
| |
| |
| |

Then you press it as you would caulking. The result is that the two are joined and move together. In theory, eliminating a source of 'the squeaks.'

That's a really good idea! I think it would even be easier because my
floor joists are engineered I-beams (2x3s top and bottom on OSB). I
just need to get the length right. Maybe I should pre-drill it. ;-)
...and clip the points off the screws to get a longer bite.

Don't know how that happened but this reply was supposed to be to
Markem, below.