Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Laundry platform

On Sat, 2 Nov 2019 18:26:50 -0700 (PDT), "(;harles"
wrote:

On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 8:32:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:

"I couldn't glue it but I sure wish the builder had."

After a hurricane ripped the roof off house after house in Miami a few decades back the building codes were changed and things like gluing roof sheathing in place were adopted.

At a university, they studied the results of the hurricane and ran various tests on structures and determined that running a bead of construction adhesive along (either side of) the joint where the rafter met the sheathing (in the attic) would significantly reinforce the structure.

You might try this on your flooring if you have exposed floor joists you can access in the crawl pace or basement. Six bucks with of sub-floor adhesive just might make a difference.

If I had a good way to compress the joint after running the bead, I
probably would. I don't feature sitting on the floor until the glue
dries. ;-)