Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Smart meters to be compulsary?

On Friday, 1 November 2019 15:46:45 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 31/10/2019 15:45, Robin wrote:
On 31/10/2019 15:06, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bill Wright submitted this idea :
It's ********. The govt are saying that the reason for charging more
for non-smart meter use is the cost of meter reading. But I read my
own meter and send the figure to the company.

Even with smart meters, they still come round and read them..

Sometimes, somewhere.Â* Our electricity meter has not been seen by a
reader since first smart meter was fitted in 2012.Â* Before that it was a
routine event. (Well this /is/ Hackney.)

BG send someone from a 3rd party company to read my gas meter
twice a year. It's the same bloke and I always shout out the
reading from a window to him. It's been 2566 since 2003 :-).

He says he will stick a postit note on his dashboard with the
reading in future and avoid the journey.

You could be charged a rental fee for that meter.