Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Smart meters to be compulsary?

On 01/11/2019 03:15, FMurtz wrote:
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:
On 31/10/2019 12:10, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
harry wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml#newcomment

You know it's coming.Â* Before we had a water meter, our monthly bill
was £60.Â* As soon as one was fitted, it dropped to £40.Â* Hard not to
believe that we were simply being penalised.

My water bill reduced when I had a meter fitted, but that was because
the previous bill was based on the rateable value.Â* Smart meters will
make it very easy for suppliers to raise the price when I want to
cook the dinner in the evening.

Well, I'm going to wait as long as I can get away with it.Â* My mum and
dad had a smart meter fitted last year, and were without power for a
day, because 'something got broke'.Â* And they /still/ have to read it
themselves, because they changed supplier.Â* Plus, I would have to take
a day off work.

The end result of smart meters is to make more money.

... from people with electric cars :-)