Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default need to find a replacement K type probe for this thermometer

In article , says...

Please note that I know it needs a new K type probe, but I don't want to
end up overspending on a high temperature one if the meter won't range
that high, but I can't find the meter specs online since I lost the
manual.

A thermocouple probe will range for whatever the letter of the probe is.

That is any K probe will work with any K meter. It does not matter what
the display part of the meter is rated for. A TC probe is made of two
types of metal and that only depends on what letter the meter part is
made for.

You may pay more for the probe depending on the insulating material of
the wires.

That seems to be an inexpensive meter and you can probably buy a new one
similar to it off ebay for what the probe will cost you.
There seems to be many like it with a few extra buttons.