Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Is it good advice to turn off well & pool pumps during these PG&Efluctuating power outages?

On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 12:44:01 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
o we're looking to have the generator run the house for probably at least
until Thursday and THEN they'll turn on the juice, which is the spike I'm
trying to ask how to protect against.

I can't figure out what the difference is as we don't even get tornadoes or
ice storms or thunderstorms out here like we did back east.

As Trump would put it, you are living in a **** hole state.

After the big fire a while back the state blamed the fire on the power
company not cutting the trees and stuff off the powe lines.

The power company is now going bankrupt. I lost some money in the stock
market a few years back as I had some in a California power company that
went bankrupt. Hard to believe that a power company could go bankrupt.

Not hard to believe in CA, what with the silly libs coming up with one
new law, one new regulations, after another and some utility board
setting the rates they can charge. If they tell you that you have to
use X% solar power and can only charge Y rate, it's easy to go bust.

None of the lines and poles were sold off as scrap. The power was never
cut off and te company renamed. Just a way of screwing the stock
holders.

No surprise there, similar happens with many bankrupt businesses, they
reorganize and go on or someone buys it in bankruptcy and the stockholders
get nothing.

They are now cutting off the power due to high winds that may blow the
power lines arround and cause a spark that will set off the fires.

Yet somehow they think one of the big fires was still due to some
power eqpt failure, that's what they are looking at.