Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where do you source 35 Amp 220VAC circuit breakers that are NOT in typical box stores?

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 22:37:59 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 01:54:16 -0000 (UTC), Arlen _G_ Holder
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:13:27 -0400, Clare Snyder wrote:

Make that Mouser. Newark price is WAY higherr and no longer in stock.
Mouser has 10 in the warehouse

Thanks Clare for that purposefully helpful lookup, where I may have made an
inadvertent typo at some point, as it's AA2 (2 pole), not AA3 (3 pole):
o AA2-B0-24-635-5D1-C https://i.postimg.cc/vmTTdpdB/breaker02.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/T2FMp20V/breaker05.jpg

Mouser doesn't stock this part, but they do have a decent datasheet:
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/65/A-Series_Details__26_COS_030314-345780.pdf

I will need to call Mouser during business hours for price & availability:
o (800) 346-6873, (817) 804-3888

Unfortunately, Newark also says "Not Normally Stocked":
https://www.newark.com/carling-technologies/aa2-b0-24-635-5d1-c/a-series-circuit-breaker-rohs/dp/88H2049?ost=AA2-B0-24-635-5D1-C

But at least they list a price, where, the going "fair" rate is about $100
o $ 92.45 onlinecomponents.com
o $ 95.53 newark.com
o $137.07 jackssmallengines.com
o $233.45 ordertree.com

The question is mainly HOW do you guys get hard-to-find electrical parts.

BTW, the smoke is everywhere easily smelled, strongly in the air, with that
classic wood burning smell, where the most recent time this happened was
the Paradise Fire, where the smoke traveled hundreds of miles to blanket
the Silicon Valley as this smoke is just now starting to do today with the
picking up of the wind in the past few hours.

What "I" would do, in all likelihood, is CONVERT it to a standard
more easily available part. Like a QOB. Just have to work out a
mounting method.

That is a very normal form factor for industrial equipment.