Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why do LEDs generate heat?

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:46:34 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 14 October 2019 20:07:25 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:49:46 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 10/10/2019 00:16, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 22:33:40 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 09/10/2019 16:54, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 14:59:22 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

So what do washing machines use, AC or DC?

Water and some sort of cleaning chemicals dependent on personal choice.

A few years ago Which? reviewed a washing machine that didn't use
detergent: it sort of passed an electric current through the water. I
don't know how good it was: apparently washing normally with detergent
uses some kind of electric charge to clean fabric as just passing the
water through the fibres isn't enough to remove the dirt.

Do you have a link? Google ain't working.

For the latter, I was thinking of the following - click on "show
transcript":
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...t-one/10994412

This amused me!

"But theres another surprising advantage of not making lots of fur. Fur is made from proteins. If youre not putting your protein into fur, well, you can use it to bulk up your brain. Maybe losing our body fur made us into the clever folk we are today."

So I was right, hairy folk are Neanderthal ****wits.

yes and why most of us have evolved without fur, which is a trade-off which means we get cold quicker, because the energy we used to use just to keep us warm now goes into feeding our brain rather than wasted in produciung heat.

Bull****, we can produce heat as and when required. But with fur, you can't cool down with sweat. In summer you're ****ed, which is why cats doze off all the time.