Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flat Wrenches

On 10/20/2019 4:54 PM, David Billington wrote: On 20/10/2019 23:23, Bob
La Londe wrote:
I'm sure most production flat wrenches are punched out of a piece of
sheet, and deburred.

I need to make a couple flat wrenches for some collet chuck tool
holders, but I neither have such a huge press, a desire to make a
punch and die for one of each tool, nor stock on hand of suitable
thickness. What I have handy is 1" thick flat bar. I was thinking I
might cut my wrenches into the top surface of the flat bar, slice them
off with the bandsaw, and then grind them roughly flat with a bench
top belt sander.

Maybe look at DIN 894 single ended spanners as a solution as I've used
them many times when users of my tools have buggered the standard
punched steel spanners by over tightening them and I demanded a
replacement.

They seem to be cheap enough depending on the source.