Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Doing away with ceiling lights?

On 18/10/2019 18:04, tim... wrote:

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:50:18 +0100, R D S wrote:

I can't be arsed with the wiring up of them, so just wondered has anyone
done away with ceiling lights altogether in favour of just wall lights?

Our lounge had no ceiling lights in it when we moved in. Instead theres
an 8' fluorescent tubes along the tops of the windows which are on two
sides of the room (so 2 tubes in all).

I lived in a flat like that,

it was a crap way to light a room

I have just wall lights in all the bedrooms and living areas. Not te
kichens toilets or corridoors or other working areas - these have
downlighters.

It works but standard lamps are handy for e.g. reading.

tim

Josef Stalin