Posted to uk.d-i-y
ZakJames ZakJames is offline

Default Doing away with ceiling lights?

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message

The problem you have is that unless you wire whatever
lighting you intend to use to a wall switch then you will
sooner or later find yourself blundering round a dark room.

Not if you use the Hue system and movement sensors.
And you can have wire free switches with that system too.

I removed the ceiling light in my very first house installed
a number of 2A round pin sockets around the room for
table lamps all wired back to the wall switch.

Much easier now with the Hue system.

Although we still have ceiling lights but only
rarely use them instead technology has moved
on and we now use Alexa to turn on table lamps
which otherwise come at programmed times.

I use movement sensors instead, completely automatic.

Some places it is not practical not to have
ceiling lights such as hallways and stairs.

Thats not right either, wall lights work fine there.