Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Doing away with ceiling lights?

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 16:50:21 UTC+1, R D S wrote:
I can't be arsed with the wiring up of them, so just wondered has anyone
done away with ceiling lights altogether in favour of just wall lights?

A previous lounge/diner just had wall lights.

The middle of the room tended to be a bit gloomy unless one had uncomfortably bright wall lights.

If the ceilings are high enough you can have wall lights high enough and bright enough to bounce off the ceiling without causing horizontal dazzle.

Track, or 12volt bare wire systems, are alternatives to digging out the ceiling.

I now have 4 wall lights (and 4 table lamp points) in the lounge for TV watching, and 2 pendants for general illumination. The former single central pendant has been replaced by a smoke detector.

Owain