Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Doing away with ceiling lights?

The problem you have is that unless you wire whatever lighting you intend to use to a wall switch then you will sooner or later find yourself blundering round a dark room. I removed the ceiling light in my very first house installed a number of 2A round pin sockets around the room for table lamps all wired back to the wall switch.

Although we still have ceiling lights but only rarely use them instead technology has moved on and we now use Alexa to turn on table lamps which otherwise come at programmed times.

Some places it is not practical not to have ceiling lights such as hallways and stairs.

Richard