Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Doing away with ceiling lights?

We have in our open plan lounge/diner, although we've gone with floorstanding lights plugged into round-pin outlets wired to the wall switch. However, the renovation work this is being done as part of is still underway and so we are not in a position to say whether it was a good idea or not! The driver for us was flexibility in room layout that fixed ceiling lights might hamper, and also the potential for much nicer atmospheric lighting than could be achieved from something hanging from the ceiling.