Posted to uk.d-i-y
ZakJames ZakJames is offline

Default One car key.....

"Richard" wrote in message
On 16/10/2019 00:15, ZakJames wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
ZakJames wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Jim GM4DHJ ... has brought this to us :
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Then your theft insurance on the car would be invalidated.

But the insurer is unlikely to ever notice that that's what you
have done even in the unlikely event that the insurance
assessor does check the car to decide that it's a complete
writeoff after the wreck has been discovered if you are
careful about gluing the chip where it isnt obvious.

They ask for the keys when they settle.

You can tell them that the thief stole those
from the house so they could steal the car.

nice of you to show your true colours.
Dishonest little **** aren't you.

Didnt say I would do it, ****wit.