Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default LED panel ceiling lights

ZakJames has brought this to us :
Nope, look fine to me. Tho with most of the kitchen
I prefer under cupboard led strips which give much
better lighting for the work surfaces. Doesnt work
for the island bench tho. I'd prefer a modular led
panel for the island bench extending the entire
length of the island bench but thats not going
to be cheap with current led panels and since
the Hue system doesnt have led panels yet,
I currently have led strip suspended from the
ceiling at a bit over head height for that.

I've fitted a couple of these..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253999720189

...to replace a couple of recessed downlighters. I was left with a 5"
diameter hole in the ceiling, so I made up some circular panels to
mount the LED's onto. They are intended for surface mount, with a
supplied base /socket, which they just click into, so very quick to
replace in case of failures.

They claim 120 degree spread and I woud not dispute that, but they do
need a high ceiling to avoid being directly in your eyeline.