Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Gattett Wade Gattett is offline

Default Felt Pads on Chair Legs- RESOLVED

On 10/12/19 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

OP here.

Decided to just replace the old glue-on pads with new ones. Found some
really thick and stiff felt with a super-stick backing.

Hardest parts of the job were tracing/making cardboard template to match
the shape of the square wooden chair legs, cutting new pads with razor
knife to the exact size and getting the residual sticky goo of the
bottom of the legs.

Hope these last a while!

--
Say what you will about The South but no one retires and moves up north...