Old October 12th 19, 03:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Felt Pads on Chair Legs

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

--
I’ve been trying to grow my own food but I can’t find bacon seeds.

Old October 12th 19, 03:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

I have same problem but have not sought for a solution. Let me/us know
what you end up doing.
Old October 12th 19, 04:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Oct 2019 10:23:59 -0400, Wade Gattett
wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

Self-stick isn't very good** for anything under stress.

What are the legs made of? For wood, they have nail in things with
nylon or carpet bottoms.

What shape is their cross-section? Lot of products for round legs.
Less for other shapes, but still many things for sale.

**One exception: My Chrysler convertible came with 2" hard plastic
rectanagles with velcro sticking out of it to hold up the inner ceiling
of the car. They were pop-riveted to metal side-rails and front of the
roof. That velcro had worn out on that half but not on the hook half
sewn to the inner ceiling, so the ceiling drooped like a bed skirt. I
looked all over the web for the same thing. Could only find it if I
bought a couple hundred, and I wanted 6 or 8. Finally used stickum
velcro, and it worked really well. Lasted several years until the car
wore out. I had thought in hot weather the stickum would be no good at
all, and maybe one or two pieces moved and maybe I replaced them, but
all in all they worked well. Still, I only put any stress on them when
I lowered the top, once a day or less. OT3H, maybe there is not much
stress when you slide an empty chair around. OT4H, a lot more stress
when you're sitting in one and sliding it.
Old October 12th 19, 05:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Wade Gattett wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

My dining room chairs had that problem. I solved it by first applying a
rubber "foot" from Ace Hardware. Then I applied a stick-on felt pad
that fits into the recessed center of the foot.

Its is ugly, but works.

Fred
Old October 12th 19, 05:10 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 7:26 AM, Frank wrote:
On 10/12/2019 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

I have same problem but have not sought for a solution.* Let me/us know what you end up doing.

Frank and his little dingy.

Old October 12th 19, 05:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 12:04 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
Wade Gattett wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

My dining room chairs had that problem. I solved it by first applying a
rubber "foot" from Ace Hardware. Then I applied a stick-on felt pad
that fits into the recessed center of the foot.

Its is ugly, but works.

Fred

Googling I see Amazon sells feet with built in pads. Unfortunately I do
not see them at Lowes or Home Depot since I do not have prime and they
do not cost enough to ship free.
Old October 13th 19, 02:16 AM posted to alt.home.repair

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G6X9TD1..._t3_B000PB0ZTA

https://www.amazon.com/Nail-Heavy-Fu.../dp/B000PB0ZTA

Old October 13th 19, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/19 12:04 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
Wade Gattett wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

My dining room chairs had that problem. I solved it by first applying a
rubber "foot" from Ace Hardware. Then I applied a stick-on felt pad
that fits into the recessed center of the foot.

Its is ugly, but works.

Fred

Obviously you don't live with a woman ;-)
Old October 13th 19, 06:21 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Dean Hoffman"
wrote in message On 10/12/19 9:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on
wooden kitchen chair legs to protect the laminated floor
covering. The pads aren't in all that bad a shape- but
the self-stickum didn't last real well and they keep
coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

Chair leg caps?

Tennis balls? hee hee ... ;)